Top 50 JAzz Blog

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My Top Ten New Year's Jazz Resolutions



  1. Re-create Blue.
  2. Study up on "satire," so I know it when I see it.
  3. Humbly accept my cultural irrelevancy.
  4. Kickstarter campaign for my chops transplant operation. 
  5. Ignore all incoming Armstrong biographies.
  6. Ditto Ellington.
  7. Four Words: Fud Livingston Tribute Band.
  8. Still have 8 Giant Steps keys left to learn. 
  9. Stockpile valve oil, before prices go back up.
  10. Continue to just call it "jazz."

2 comments:

gmoke said...

Listening to Aardvark Orchestra's Christmas concert the other week, I really enjoyed their accurate, to my ear, reproduction of the sound of the Ellington Orchestra when they did their version of "The Nutcracker." Homage or recreation? Whatever, it sounded very good.

Steve Provizer said...

George: Can you put that in the form of a resolution?