- A copy of the gun Armstrong shot off to get sent to the Colored Waif's Home for Boys.
- A facsimile of the original sisal belt Armstrong used to hold up his pants while delivering coal.
- A lump of coal.
- Two half-used packages of Swiss Kriss.
- A set of 10 designer "do-rags" created in honor of Satchmo's 100th anniversary.
- An "I Hate Bebop" pin, allegedly worn by Armstrong at an Elks Club meeting in Sept. 1952.
- A glassene envelope containing a half ounce of muggles that Armstrong forgot he even had.
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
"Operators" Are Standing By-by Steve Provizer
Some have castigated the recent alliance between Sony and the Miles Davis estate which offers "A mouthpiece replica of exactly the 'Gustat' Heim 2 model used by Davis especially created by Kanstul," t-shirts and other fascinating items. They even throw in 43 cd's. In fact, those corporate giants don't go nearly far enough in offering a package that can truly bring fans closer to their favorite artists. I have therefore forged a metaheuristic liaison with certain Ukranian businessmen and am delighted to be able to offer the Deluxe Louis Armstrong Simulacrum Kit, composed of: